Most people wish there were more hours in a day, but like most of us know that is not going to happen. So if we can’t get more hours in a day, then I definitely want to get more stuff done, wouldn’t you agree? Finding more time to squeeze in more productivity out of the same number of hours is where finding the right tools and tricks comes in.
I’m not a big believer in multitasking. In fact, trying to do two or three things at a time when it comes to my business leaves me thoroughly confused, where I am sure to miss something usually important. So I have come up with a system that works for my life and my business, making time and life run so much smoother in our busy schedule.
- Schedule all of your tasks. Creating a to do list and crossing them off sounds like a great idea, Right? The problem is creating time to get to those tasks. I like to put them on my calendar and schedule them during my day like you would a meeting or call. That way there is no saving them for the following day.
- Just say NO! Some things we just shouldn’t do because they become huge time suckers. Do the things that are important to you and your family….Anything that you know will cause you stress and anxiety because you know your time is valuable, pull up those big girl panties and Just say NO!
- Identify how you are spending your time You may be startled how much time you are spending on social media, just lurking on posts… God, sometimes I still get sucked in and I have to make sure I stop myself. I see so many people complaining of not having enough time to start a profitable business, but they are watching TV every night for 2-3 hours, with no perception of time when there are so many other valuable things you could be doing…especially if your grasping for more of it.
- Take care of yourself This is a biggie people! If you don’t get enough sleep and relaxation time with your family and friends you will really stop being productive. When you start feeling like enough is enough, put it away…. Your not going to get anything productive done anyway!
- Outsource Some tasks take more time than they are worth, and time is money people! I have someone clean my home, do small errands and my grocery shopping. These are things that can be hired out for a small fee and it saves you hours of time that can be spent doing something more productive.
- Get Help I am very lucky we all work together as a family and we don’t try to do it all. Though there are times I think I am Superwoman, my husband brings me back to play Lois Lane before I fall off the ledge. Don’t be afraid to ask for help around the house, to bring the kids to sporting events and even to start dinner.
There are thousands of time saving tips and tricks out there, but keeping it simple and focusing on what works for your family is what will ultimately make you the most productive in life and business.
Was that helpful? Drop me a comment if you like it and again feel free to share!
Did This Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you shared on Facebook!
“I Teach You Health, Wellness, Mindset and Methods to Create Wealth and follow your Passion!”